Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wish List for Items and Needed Help

Hi there,
I often get asked how parents can help when they can't be in the classroom volunteering as a math "mom," art discovery volunteer, or a weekly helper. 

Well, I have a need for a few things to help things run smoothly in our classroom.  Some ideas:
* 5 sets or markers- one for each table group
* a color print cartridge for an hp 5550 printer- color is important when I am creating visuals for the kids
* gold ink pens for revising- kids love to revise their writing when they can use a gold pen!  :)

I also need help getting the students' Classroom Monster drafts typed up.  This is a great job for someone who is a fast typer and wants to help our classroom but can't volunteer during the school day.  Kids LOVE to see their work typed and polished-looking!  You would need to meet with me for maybe 5 minutes toward the end of next week to hand off the papers and chat about formating.  You can send the typed stories to me attached in an email and I will print them at school.  Just send the drafts back with your child in your backpack.  Thanks for considering helping us out in this way!

Thank you to all the families that donated items for the Classroom Monsters artwork to go with our writing.  They turned out fabulously and such fun to complete on Halloween.  I will post pictures soon and of course when the writing is completed, you will see the finished project on display in the hallway!

Thank you to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment